Sunday 1 March 2015

Haere rā, friends.

I have the most wonderful friends.

The last week has been an overwhelming haze of goodbyes and packing. After spending last weekend in Auckland for the gorgeous Charlottes hen's, I flew back to Wellington on Monday, packed all my stuff up and shifted in with Dan for the week. I had a gorgeous dinner at El Matador with my wonderful flatmates followed by goodbye drinks at Southern Cross Garden Bar on Thursday night. Then on Saturday, Dan and I went for a beautiful walk along the south coast of Wellington, followed by Ekim Burgers and a beer. Sunday morning was full of tearful farewells as Dan saw me off at the airport for my Wellington to Auckland flight, and then last night we had a barbecue at Mum and Dad's house.

I fly out tomorrow morning at 7:00am, and after a stopover in Brisbane and a night in Port Moresby, I will be in Buka at 1:00pm on 4 March. I'm flying from Brisbane with another VSA volunteer called Bryn, so it will be cool to not be the only rookie on the block. I have no idea what to expect and so I'm keeping an open mind and an open heart...que serã, serã. Thank you to all those wonderful people who make it so difficult for me to leave! Because of your love I am able to go to Bougainville, confident that I have a support network ready to lift me up when I fall and cheer me on to the next adventure. I am so grateful for you! 


I'm also grateful for a beautiful evening with the bride-to-be.


For my two favourite people who get along wonderfully.


For Mollie, who is going to change the world.


For Vic, who has a contagious laugh.


For wonderful flatmates. 


For weird flatmates.


For the beautiful Whanganui-A-Tara.


For the person who makes me laugh more than anyone.


And for my family, whom I will miss immensely.


No comments:

Post a Comment